Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Alphabet Activities


Here is the picture of the letter activities I did not include in the most recent Tot School post.
Click on the letters to go to the original post. I still have letters A-J on my old blog.

A: Fingerprint apples
B: Colored using different shades of blue crayons
C: Caterpillar, patterning light and dark green
D: Painted dots using a small paint brush
E: Easter Egg stickers
F: Fork painting
G: Green Grass (green construction paper cut in small strips)
H: Holes (for this I used a hole punch, but C used a tooth pick to poke holes with a larger h on the carpet)
I: Ice Cream stickers
J: Jean material
K: Kisses - I put lipstick on C and had her kiss the paper
L: Leaves cut out with a punch
M: Marble painting
N: Newspaper
O: Orange Ovals (painted using C's finger print)
P: Pink Paint
Q: Q tip painting
R: Rainbows and Rabbit stickers
S: Star stickers
T: Triangles
U: Underwater (colored with a blue crayon and added some Finding Nemo and other ocean stickers that we had)
V: Vegetables
W: Water paint
X: Xylophone
Y: Yarn
Z: Marble Painted Zebra

I printed the letters using the font "Century Gothic" size 250, bold and outlined. Sometimes I had her do the project and then I cut the letter out. Other times I cut the letter out first and then she did the project.

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome resource! So many great ideas! If you have time, you should post the link to this at We Teach - The Alphabet Group
    www.weteach.ning.com (then click on the alphabet group).

    Thanks again for sharing. I can't wait to try some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has been selected one of my great posts of the week. Here is the link: http://www.jdaniel4smom.com/2010/08/great-posts-i-came-across-this-week_21.html.

    ReplyDelete